The GAD Focal Point System Technical Working Group Meeting on IEC Materials for Safe Spaces Act was held last December 11, 2020 via MS Teams.
The 2020 18-day Campaign to End Violence Against Women comes at a time when the country is reeling from the COVID-19 pandemic that aggravated underlying gender issues and affected marginalized and vulnerable sectors. Women may experience different forms of VAW while locked down in their homes with the perpetrators, with tension rising from uncertainties in health, security, and economy creating a perfect storm. The implementation of varying community quarantine measures also hindered victims to seek help, report the abuse, and/or escape their perpetrators due to the suspension of public transportation, strict orders to stay home, and limited issuance of quarantine passes. Sexual harassment, victim-blaming, and several instances of online forms of VAW were also observed.
The campaign reiterates everyone’s commitment and contributions on ending VAW and calls on the general public to make a personal commitment to end violence against women and children.
This campaign aims to:
- Promote awareness on the forms of violence women and girls experience;
- Provide information on laws protecting women and girls;
- Feature VAW-related services that people can access and avail; and
- Promote the strengthening of a prevention and response system on VAW; and
- Gather public support for the campaign
The GAD Focal Point System Technical Working Group Meeting on Formulating GAD Strategic Framework was held last December 2, 2020 via MS Teams.
The 3rd GAD Focal Point System Meeting 2020 was held last November 6, 2020 via MS Teams.
- Background on Gender and Development (GAD) and Gender-Equal Countries
- Legal Mandates
- Understanding Sex and Gender
- Gender Stereotypes
- Gender Bias / Discrimination / Gender Issues
- Gender Sensitivity
- Gender Awareness / Gender Responsiveness/Gender Equality
- Enhance awareness and knowledge on gender sensitivity as part of Gender and Development (GAD)
- Learn the difference between gender and sex roles
- Develop skills in identifying areas where gender issues are manifested
- Advocate gender equality in PEZA-registered companies in the economic zones
This training is held last Oct 12-16, 2020 09:00pm-12:00pm via Zoom.
Recently, the PEZA GAD Focal Point System initiated an online training on gender analysis and the Harmonized Gender and Development Guidelines for PEZA project implementers. The training resulted to an increased understanding on gender analysis and its importance to ensure inclusivity in all of PEZA’s projects and programs.
As a follow-through activity and part of PEZA’s commitment to achieving gender equality through fulfilling its mandates, online learning sessions on relevant topics such as gender and occupational safety and health, disaster risk reduction and management, and gender responsive monitoring and evaluation will be conducted.
This online training aims to:
- Increase the awareness and understanding of PEZA GFPS members on the linkages of gender and OSH and gender and DRRM
- Identify the gender issues in OSH and DRRM in the zones and head office and develop strategies to respond to these issues
- Capacitate the PEZA GFPS on gender responsive monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Develop a plan for gender responsive monitoring and evaluation of PEZA projects
A seminar on The Law and IRR of the Safe Spaces Act was conducted by the Center for Global Best Practices through its lecturer Atty. Ma. Dorothea Ramos Balasbas-Gancayco last October 15, 2020 and was participated by some GFPS Members and Zone Manager who acts as resource speakers on GAD trainings offered by PEZA to its locators.